Assignments that need grading not showing up on "To Do" list

Jump to solution
IOhistory
Community Member

Students have submitted assignments that need grading and they are not showing up in my "To Do" list. They are not showing up in my dashboard view or within the individual course shell. I'm only receiving this "needs  grading" alert for one section, and I can't see any apparent differences in settings with the sections that are not showing up in my "To Do" list. 

The assignments in question are quizzes (so far, the only assignment they have submitted). The quiz has questions that are multiple-choice and essay questions. The essay questions still need grading. They have a point value, so Canvas should not think the questions don't need grading.

Suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
jcarpenter1
Panda Pros
Panda Pros

Hello IOHistory and welcome to the Community.  I can only assume here that the Quizzes that aren't showing up are New Quizzes.  At this time, New Quizzes is still an LTI with Canvas, and they won't show up in the To Do List.  This is being worked on and should be resolved soon.  This link should help with the New Quizzes time line.  https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Quizzes-Transition/New-Quizzes-Transition-Toolkit/ta-p/489704

View solution in original post

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @IOhistory  - I wanted to share that as of the Canvas Release Notes 2022-05-21, New Quizzes should be included in the To Do list for graders. If that's not the case, it may be worthwhile checking in with Support. How do I contact Canvas Support?  They can take a closer look at your account and check some other quiz settings that may or may not be influencing your experience.

View solution in original post