Audio issues with the video lectures

Jump to solution
WastaTariq
Community Member

Dear Canvas 

This is Wasta, I am using Canvas app which my school provides me to takes the video lecture but on my Ipad (IOS 15) generation 8 ,as I open the video there is no audio in the video , only when I start the video there is a sound but as soon as I forward it or rewind the video the audio disappears. I contacted the apple support system they said my device is working fine and everything is good to go from my side they asked me to contact the developer as this issue is specifically for canvas. 
Also I tried to take the video from safari, chrome, Firefox but I faced the same issue there as well no audio as soon as I forward or rewind the video 

please help me I am very stressed as I need to study for my course 

looking forward to hearing from you 

regards 

wasta 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @WastaTariq 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with playing audio in videos. As long as after rewinding  or fast forwarding, you are in play mode - it should continue playing audio as it did before you moved the timer and play setting.  It is likely your internet browser and we recommend clearing the cache and cookies or trying another browser.

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots 
Click settings and then Clear browsing data.
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks 
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

If you are using the Canvas app currently we also recommend doing the same thing:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Student-iOS-Guide/What-Student-app-options-can-I-manage-fr... 

If you still have issues, it may be your network or  device  directly. You should contact your school IT help desk or you could speak with canvas support, but if it is indeed an  actual device/network issue there's not a lot they will be able to do for you:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767  

View solution in original post