Automatically Setting Module as Prerequisite Across Multiple Courses

Jump to solution
JLParish
Community Member

My institution is preparing to roll-out a Canvas Orientation Course for all online students. The course itself will provide a code upon completion which students will plug-in to a prerequisite module within each course. Ideally, the students will not have access to any other course modules until they access this prereq module and input the code. 

The issue is that setting the Orientation Module as a prerequisite to all other modules (if done manually by instructors) leaves plenty of room for error. 

Is there a way to automatically apply a prerequisite to the Orientation Module across multiple Canvas courses? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Steph_T
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello! @JLParish 

You should be able to accomplish this by using a BluePrint Course. We have a guide Blueprint Courses Overview that will go over this feature.
Our guide for How do I enable a course as a blueprint course as an admin? will walk you through the steps to create a BluePrint course. 

We also have our guide for How do I sync course content in a blueprint course as an admin? which will give a little more information regarding BluePrints and Modules.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know! 

View solution in original post