Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
myriaml_schulze

Backticks, fill in the blanks and international strokes

Jump to solution

Hello, Canvas now requires the use of backticks to create the blanks for the Fill in the blank questions on the new exams. The problem is that when using in Spanish to write the answer, the system does not accept the word if it has an accent in it. Is this being looked into? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @myriaml_schulze 

I am sorry that you are seeing this with your Fill in The Blank questions on New Quizzes. I believe that Canvas support is aware of this issue and It is being worked on currently. 

You might want to double check with Canvas support to see if they can give you any more information on this. 

Hopefully this helps!

-Colton

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @myriaml_schulze 

I am sorry that you are seeing this with your Fill in The Blank questions on New Quizzes. I believe that Canvas support is aware of this issue and It is being worked on currently. 

You might want to double check with Canvas support to see if they can give you any more information on this. 

Hopefully this helps!

-Colton

MalenaM
Community Member

I have the same issue when trying to add fill-in-the-blank answers for computer programming questions. If I use an asterisk, the answer isn't recognized as an answer.

CourtCassar
I also have this problem, it's changed something that was a hug improvement on the old quizzes to something quick annoying.
NaeemahModhien

Hi,

I cannot regrade questions that have been created using the backtricks for fill in the blank questions and need to regrade 1000 submission. Urgently need assistance in this query