Button "Upload File" does not work after clicking submit assignment without attaching a file

Jump to solution
allennivan
Community Member

(I'm using Canvas in laptop) I don't know how to report a bug but I think I found a bug in file submission. I accidentally click the submit assignment button without attaching the file first, so canvas notified me that it can't pass an empty submission. However, as I tried to click "Upload File", the button does not work, it just become unresponsive no matter how many tries I do it. So I went back to dashboard, and click the course again and choose my assignment, this time I clicked the button "Upload File" and now the button works. 

To verify if the bug is really consistent I tried it again in different assignment, I click the submit assignment without attaching anything, after the notification I tried to click the button "upload file" and it doesn't work again.

I hope this problem will be solved, good luck to the developer team of Canvas. Have a great day!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@allennivan  Whenever you encounter behavior that is inconsistent with how it's designed to work (as outlined in our documentation), please use the Report a Problem button in the global navigation to initiate a ticket with Canvas Support. Clicking on the Help button directly from the area where the issue cropped up will capture metadata that will help our engineers investigate the issue.

View solution in original post