Can I add a user after the course has concluded?

Jump to solution
hbrown5018
Community Participant

I'm asking for a faculty member. Can she add a person (she has permission) to her course after it has concluded? She wants another faculty member to be able to access her course as a learning tool. 

Thank you, Heather  

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@hbrown5018 ...

Depending on the permissions that have been configured by your school's Canvas administrator, you may or may not be able to add users to your course(s) on your own.  You may need to ask your Canvas administrator to do this for you.  On the "People" page, if the "+ People" button is grayed out, that usually means you need to temporarily adjust the End Date in your course "Settings" page to go beyond the current date...to some date in the future.  This would then make the "+ People" button on the "People" page available to use so you can add people.  Just make sure that the new user accepts the course invitation.  Then you can change the End Date via course "Settings" back to what it originally was.  This was the process I used occasionally in my past role as a Canvas administrator, and it worked well.

I hope this will be helpful to you.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes