Can I enlarge the font that I can see, especially when grading online submissions.

Jump to solution
robert_a_petrof
Community Explorer

These old eyes are starting to struggle seeing the small font sizes on Canvas.  Is there any way to enlarge the font that I can see, especially when grading online submissions. The student online submissions and my comments on the side are really small.   It would actually be great for teachers to be able to change the settings, as a whole, even a small, medium, and large size font.  

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
JeffCampbell
Community Coach
Community Coach

I have not seen an option for users to change the default font size in Canvas. However, most browsers contain a setting that allows for larger font sizes. You might check your browser's settings to see if it has such an option. I know Chrome does and I just searched for Font in the search bar at the top of the settings page. 

View solution in original post

Jeff_F
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @robert_a_petrof - in additional to donning my spectacles and increasing the browser zoom to 110 - 120%, I have also taken the step of upgrading my primary monitor so that it is rather large. This helps me fit more content on the screen and thus I scroll less. I have found a 32" primary monitor to be wonderful and I compliment that with a 27" monitor on both sides. These monitors are relatively inexpensive at under $200. There is no need to buy the hi-tech models.

ps. how to adjust zoom for Chrome:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96810?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop 

View solution in original post