Can I replace the name ``Assignment`` as ``Submissions`` across my organization in Canvas LMS?

Jump to solution
dineshkumar_tha
Community Explorer

Can I replace the name ``Assignment`` as ``Submissions`` across my organization in Canvas LMS?

The idea is to make clear understanding across my organization peoples about the wordings we used to call.

In canvas LMS, it shows `Assignment` or `Assignments` and we are calling this as `Submission` or `Submissions`. To avoid this mis-understanding across LMS area - we are looking for a solution where we want to replace the name Assignment as Submission. The backend core functionalities are same. Just want to replace the name in user point of view.

Does Canvas provides any customization for replacing the names?

0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @dineshkumar_tha,

Unless you're running Canvas on your own server and do some sort of search and replace in the code, I don't think this is possible.  Even if it were possible, Submissions is a term used in Canvas already, so that could potentially make things even more confusing for users.  Also keep in mind that if you do such a customization, all of the Canvas help guides and references in the community and other places on the web will not match what your users see, so you may have to create a ton of your own documentation with your own terminology.

-Chris

View solution in original post