Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have used SpeedGrader to grade a quiz. However, each student's grade is still 0 for the assignment in the gradebook.  This discrepancy is easily seen in attached screenshot. How do I ensure that the students' grades are accurately reflected in the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I recently posted about a glitch in the Canvas Calendar (it lists quizzes by their end date versus their start date causing confusion and students missing their quiz in such confusion). My post was immediately merged with a post on the exact same iss...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to delete a student submission so that turn in settings for that assignment can be reset? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have scheduled my recordings in a panopto enabled classroom using the canvas scheduling tool; I would now like to use the panopto LTI to link directly to each of the scheduled recordings in the relevant canvas module. But, while I can see the sche...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have read about a teacher adding grading options like "Revise" or "Wrong Assignment" labels to the Complete/Incomplete dropdown. How can I go about that?   If it's not possible to add that there, how can I add it another way?   Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,   I commonly and prefer to use the Incomplete/Complete dropdown grading box. But would like the Incomplete to equal 50% of the total points and not 0. Can I do that? Thank you,  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In the Canvas documentation (found here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Infinite-Campus-and-Canvas/Instructor-FAQ-Canvas-and-Infinite-Campus/ta-p/424525), it states "Differentiated assignments are not supported in an Infinite Campus sync from Can...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a policy where students can revise and re-submit for an updated grade. The issue I have is that I have set up a late submission policy with grade deduction. My policy is to deduct points for the initial late submission but allow resubmissions ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student trying to submit work via TurnItIn on a Chromebook. when she goes to click the launch external tool button it either appears blank or says cannot launch tool.  She has managed to upload her assignment via her phone otherwise but it w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi-- I'm an Instructor, and I've started using the comment library. I think its a great addition--thank you! It does make grading go much faster, which means a lot when I'm grading 75-100 papers at a time. However, I notice that my library carries ac...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am currently using the free teacher version of Canvas for a Geometry class.  We have had issues with internet connect at our school, but since it is finally working in my classroom, I have been having problems getting all students logged into Canva...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've added classes to Canvas but they never show up.  Is Canvas having issues?  How does one find out if the Canvas system is down or not working correctly? Thank you, Antonio

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Everyone, We are looking to have a flat average in the Outcomes in the Learning Mastery of one of our classes. Essentially this would give us two gradebooks in a course. The calculation methods listed in the outcomes options is not suited to what ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, A teacher created an assignment, simple submission type >  online > text entry. > due date tonight at 11:50 pm. When the student goes to the assignment in the module (which is unlocked and published) they can open the assignment, view the deta...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good day everyone. When creating a Discussion Board assignment has anyone figured out a way to assign a due date for an INITIAL post and a separate due date for REPLIES?   EXAMPLE: INITIAL POST: must be posted by Thursday at 2359 ESTREPLY: must be po...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I choose reports on an assessment I've just given, it consistently says "no reports yet'. I can't get all the information it says that should be available. What am I doing wrong?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannt see anything but the Corq App ads after I logged in Canvas, the website is like this. What should I do? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using Infinite Campus grade passback, we have one particular student whose grades won't sync. Each night, the sync gives this error: "missing "student_source_id" attribute" Has anyone ever experienced this error? The student has a correct SIS_ID that...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-29-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've enabled liking of posts in the announcements but students are unable to like the posts. I have not set any restrictions on who can or can't like them. This is happening in multiple courses too. I know there used to be an issue but I thought it w...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find the link to my online class after signing up for the tutorial? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to have only one email address in my Profile Settings. How do I remove a second email address that I added earlier?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I see an assignment that has a grade and  a red "Missing" icon. So, does that "missing" icon stay there even after the assignment is turned in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there! I just took an online quiz in canvas, and most pictures I used are directly copied and pasted from my Microsoft Word screenshot. However, in the submission portal, I see all these pictures are blank. For example, as shown below, the answer ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all. We are using Blueprints, as well as the  Google Docs Cloud Assignment LTI.  When the blueprint pushes out all the google doc assignments out to the daughter courses, we go into each version of the course, open up each assignment, that way ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are looking for a way for students to be able to work on their Student Annotation assignment and "Save" it without clicking "Submit" so that they can return to the page and finish their work. Anyone found a solution for this?  Is this in the pipel...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As a TA, how can I add a rubric to the assignment and check the grades wrt to the same rubric? Is it possible to do the same using TA access ? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I'm trying to remind students to complete peer reviews, but Canvas appears not to send any notification. The hover over the notification bell never updates. It lists the last notification as the original assignment of peer reviews.  When I click ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who is unable to see my course on her dashboard. Every class we go in and favorite my course, but it doesn't stay favorited and resets every day. She has to go into "all courses" in order to find my course and I'm not sure how to hel...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our teachers use powerschool gradebook - several teachers have reported that they are having 10-15 duplicates of an assignment show in their gradebook - which syncs from canvas.  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies