Can a blueprint course display marks of students in associated (child) courses?

Jump to solution
greg_dabelstein
Community Participant

Hi

I am considering the use of blueprint courses at our school. I would like a master course which someone like the Head of Department has access to and organises content/settings etc. Eg. Year 12 Economics ....and then have all the classes associated with that year level as child courses eg. EC12A, EC12B, EC12C etc...as far as i can tell this is possible, BUT i really want the grades/marks that form part of the child courses to be displayed in the Master course. ....so that the Head of Department can see all the results from the child courses in one place. 

Is there anyway this can be achieved?? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
jerry_nguyen
Community Coach
Community Coach

@greg_dabelstein 

Blueprint is purely used to manage content and there is no such thing as a master course in Canvas. Course grades/marks are managed individually in each of the courses. In order to view all grades in one place, you can either:

1. Run a report from Canvas Data to show all student grades in a spreadsheet (Up to 48 hours delay)

2. Create multiple sections within the same course (E.g. Course: Year 12 Eco -> Section 1: Group A | Section 2: Group B), and all students will be in one course. If you have already created multiple courses, you can cross-list them (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-cross-list-a-section-in-a-course-as-an-...)

View solution in original post