Can instructors view "grader likes" we have given to discussion posts in Speedgrader?

Jump to solution
hurricanesherri
Community Member

I've just started using "likes" in my discussions as a way to give students feedback ahead of the discussion due dates, so they know a specific post is going to earn full credit (i.e., I am sort of "pre-grading" their posts using the "like" function)... but then when I go into Speedgrader after the due date has passed, I am unable to see my "likes" so I have to spend a LOT of extra time going back into the discussions and reviewing posts I have essentially already graded.

I don't see a setting or any way to view "likes" on discussion posts in Speedgrader, so perhaps I need to request this as a new feature?

Is anyone able to view their own "likes" somehow in Speedgrader?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @hurricanesherri ...

Unfortunately, I do not know that there's any kind of connection between "likes" on discussion topic posts and Grades/SpeedGrader.  In fact (and I'm not sure if this matters for what you are trying to do in your course), I don't even know if you can see *who* liked a particular reply in a discussion topic.  There is an indicator of how many "likes" next to the thumbs up icon, but that's about all you can see on the user interface.  I would recommend that you submit a Feature Idea...which you can start here via the "Suggest and idea" button: Idea Conversations - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).

Sorry I don't have better news for you, but I hope this helps to answer your question...thanks!

View solution in original post