cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leslie_irvine
Community Participant

Can't add a rubric to an assignment

Jump to solution

The option to add a rubric to an assignment doesn't appear. I've tried recreating the assignment, and creating a dummy assignment, but the "add rubric" button isn't there. What am I doing wrong here? 

333808_pastedImage_2.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi  @leslie_irvine ,

We use VoiceThread here at our institution and you are correct. Once you setup a VT assignment using the LTI tool, it leaves Canvas and everything is accomplished in VT itself. So, in this situation, depending on how you have setup your VT assignment, you can add your rubric criteria to the assignment description or if they are to view and/or participate in a thread, you could add this info to the first slide in the deck.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Randy

View solution in original post

3 Replies
orwinr
Community Champion

Hi  @leslie_irvine , and welcome to the Canvas community. Your problem lies in where you add rubrics to an assignment. Rubrics are not added during assignment creation, they are added after you save them. Save the assignment, go back to review it and the add rubric option appears at the bottom of the description. Take a look at the attached image. Hope this helps.Pic showing where the add rubric button is located

leslie_irvine
Community Participant

It's still not working for this particular assignment. Could it be because it's associated with an external tool (VoiceThread)? I still don't get the "add rubric" option, even after saving. 

Hi  @leslie_irvine ,

We use VoiceThread here at our institution and you are correct. Once you setup a VT assignment using the LTI tool, it leaves Canvas and everything is accomplished in VT itself. So, in this situation, depending on how you have setup your VT assignment, you can add your rubric criteria to the assignment description or if they are to view and/or participate in a thread, you could add this info to the first slide in the deck.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Randy

View solution in original post