Community Member

Do people sell course on canvas?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @AliseDay,

Welcome to the Instructure Community!  We're glad to have you here amongst all of the Instructure product users around the world.

When looking at your question, I could interpret it in some different ways.  So if you don't mind, could you perhaps clarify this for us?  Are you asking one of the following, or something totally different?

"Can Canvas LMS handle registration, charges, and payments itself"?

• The answer here would be that Canvas LMS itself doesn't have functionality to bill students or accept payments.  There is, however, another Instructure product in the Canvas family that has this functionality: Canvas Catalog.  Canvas Catalog is a front-end system that can list courses, have users enroll in the courses, and attach charges to the courses and accept payments.  It can also generate certificates of Completion.  You'd need to purchase Canvas Catalog and Canvas LMS together for this functionality to all work, but it's definitely an option!

"Am I able to use the Free for Teachers version of Canvas and charge students"?

• I don't happen to know the answer to this for sure, so if this is what you're asking, we'll see if someone can chime in with more license details.

Hope to hear back from you soon!

-Chris

View solution in original post

Hi @GreWatkins,

With Canvas LMS itself, there is not really. a marketplace option.  Instructure has another product, Canvas Catalog, that provides some marketplace and payment collection options as a public or front-end interface sitting in front of the Canvas LMS.  Canvas Catalog is a separate product from Canvas LMS and would be an additional cost.

Hope this info helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post