Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
posmax

Canvas DocViewer not previewing documents anymore

Hello all,

As of last week, I am encountering a problem where files will not preview anymore. Currently, I need to download all files (mainly .pdf) to actually see what the students have submitted. 

And yes, I've already read all other posts about the same issue and all solutions did not work for me. I've tried different browsers, clearing caches for each of them, deleting all extensions, updating chrome, etc.

Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @posmax 

I apologize that this is happening. 

There could be a few reasons as to why they are not loading in the Docviewer. 

• Sometimes it is just an issue on the Canvas end. Occasionally some submissions might need to be re-rendered by Canvas support. You can always try and submit a case to them and have their team look into it. Be sure to provide them specific details on which students submissions are not loading, as well as any links specific to the issue. If you have a screenshot of what you are seeing, they always love to have a look at that to help them compare what they are seeing. 
  • It could be an issue with the file or file type that the student submitted. The Docviewer has a few supported document types that can be previewed. Since this is happening for all of your students, I don't think this is the case. 
  • It could also be related to something on going on the LMS side of things. 

To wrap up, I would strongly suggest having Canvas support look into it since this appears to be happening for all of your students submissions. It sounds like it might be related to something wider on their end. Especially since you seem to have tried all of the basic troubleshooting for this already. (different browsers, clearing cache, removing extensions, and Updating the browser) 

Hopefully this helps! 

-Colton