Canvas Message Notification

Jump to solution
rgibson1
Community Champion

Colleagues,

We had a person in a common 'course' site (department site) with 169 users post something to the group that was out of line. It went to everyone in the course site. We're trying to figure out who the sender is, but the message states:

From: School Counseling Program <notifications@instructure.com>
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2022 5:48:03 PM

Firstly, I'm not sure why it would be from the 'School Counseling Program' as the sender and not the individual. Secondly, is there any way to trace the actual sender?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
nwilson7
Community Champion

@rgibson1 From the looks of the message, this is a notification about an announcement being posted in the course.  They appear like they come from the course and not the user since it is a notification about an announcement being posted and not a direct email to the individuals.  If this is the case, you can go into the announcements for the School Counseling Program course and if they did not delete it, it will tell you how posted it.

Hope this helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rgibson1 ...

I'm wondering what your school's Canvas administrator(s) have set at the account level on their "Settings" >> "Notifications" tab?  This is the screen where yoru school's Canvas administrator can customize the name of where those notifications come from.  It can either be the default name, "Instructure Canvas", or a custom name can be defined...coming from the same e-mail address of "notifications@instructure.com".  In your case, it sounds like it's set at "School Counseling Program".  See this administrator Guide for more details:

How do I change the sender name in account email n... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Hope this will help a bit.

View solution in original post

0 Likes