Canvas Outcome Rating Calculation Issue

slmc
Community Explorer

We have a few outcomes set up with the Proficiency Calculation setup as Decaying Average (50%). Ideally, as I understand it, this would make the last score worth 50% of the rating and the remaining scores averaged to create the other 50%. Now in practice, we have several outcomes that have only been scored once and ratings that are compiled of only the one input score. For most of these, Canvas reports the rating as equal to the only score which makes sense to me and seems how it's explained in Canvas (if there's only one score, that score is returned). For a handful, Canvas is reporting the rating as 50% of the only score, thus reducing the students' proficiency rating to 50% of the only value they have scored for that outcome. The outcomes report shows the student has only been rated once so there's not a second "score" that I'm missing. I am not sure why the different calculations are occurring when on the surface, it seems the outcomes are set up the same. Has anyone else seen this discrepancy occur or know how to prevent it? 

thanks,

Susan

Labels (2)
0 Likes