Canvas converstion

Jump to solution
BorivojeDjokic
Community Member

Are classes converted for instructors or instructors mus convert them one by one?

Dr. Borivoje-Boris Djokic, Ph.D.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @BorivojeDjokic ...

I think we need some more information from you.  Are you an instructor at your school?  Are you a Canvas administrator?  It almost sounds like your school may be new to Canvas, but I could be wrong.  If your school is new to Canvas, your Canvas administrator or your Online Learning team would typically have a plan in place (or they should, anyway) to convert classes from their previous platform to Canvas.  This may involve conversations with folks from Instructure (Canvas) to see what course migration options are available.  There are also a handful of Guides available here in the Community that can assist with migration of course content:

Again, I think it would help for you to provide some additional information about your question so that we can provide more specifics.

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CanvasCoolCat_2
Panda Pros
Panda Pros

Could you provide a little more context to what you mean by "converted"? Do you mean from a different system that you previously used before Canvas?

I'm going to take a whack at answering your question under the assumption that you are converting content from a previous LMS system/course system to Canvas. If that assumption is incorrect than just ignore 😁

Course conversion is something that is determined by your institution. In some cases instructors are expected to convert content themselves, in other cases your administration may have made arrangements to convert the content for you. Your best bet is to reach out to those who are supporting Canvas LMS at your institution.

Depending on the type of conversion (the format of your content) Canvas may support methods of importing/converting content. There are a lot of wildcards here that can take this answer a lot of different ways. That's why your best bet is to contact someone locally.

View solution in original post