Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am trying to finish up my classes and copy content to my course shells tonight.I made a simple "welcome" video for my students in Announcements and it's still "loading" after two hours. The video is only 8 minutes. But it's just stuck loading, and ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am using my district's template, but I want to change the images for the Help, Learn, Schedule, etc. tiles/links within the template. Is this possible?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-10-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All   I have an issue that I don't know is possible or not. I am at teacher in a course with 107 students. There has been a secondary course added.  The course with 107 students needs the EXACT same students in the secondary course.  Is there a wa...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to ask more than one question at a single point during a video quiz but I don't see an option like "Add another question", just Save.  I would like to ask several questions at a single time point.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've been told if a course is manually created then the admin will have to come in behind the teacher that created it and set up the ssid or we will not be able to import students.  Is this true?  If so why would they have the option to start a new c...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to format a text file with questions and answers for the quiz in Canvas? Other LMS like Blackboard allow a text file to upload questions instead of creating the questions one at a time.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would really appreciate some help with this. I saw some youtube videos of which the one below shows how exactly to do this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Lt5vvwyK4&feature=youtu.beBut the issue is, I don't see all the options under settings on ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

New to Canvas, previously used Google Classroom. I teach 8th grade social studies. There are are four of us in my school teaching 8th grade SS (mix of regular and advanced classes). Is there a way to set up a sandbox course where we can build common ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students need to create groups of around 6 people to create a "Book Group". Students are free to choose any book on the subject that interests them. How can someone who is interested in a particular book advertise and invite others to be in a group w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you remove meeting dates from the calendar list in "Course Summary" in Syllabus? Due dates for old assignments were removed when I deleted them from "Assignments" of "Discussions". These three meeting dates from last semester are nowhere in an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm posting the following query for a colleague:Is there a way to have a single Zoom meeting for office hours that can be integrated across all classes in Canvas. When he tries to add the same Zoom meeting for office hours to multiple classes in Canv...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey good morning students i'm a freshman in college I came from kennedy high school so don't know to much people. I'm also interested in forming a study group with other classmates! Let me know if you're interested by Canvas me by Greg Flores Rodrigu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

what is the best quiz question type in canvas for a self assessment 1-4 rating survey? No correct answers students need to be able to choose between rating scale of 1-4 on a survey.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am wanting to create a digital notebook for my students in Canvas. Is there a way to share the digital notebook (google slides from my drive) with each student so they have their own copy and can take notes/complete assignments while also allowing ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can questions be formatted in a certain way to import them into a quiz and/or question bank?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I'm in a PreK class and we want to keep track of the students' progress without that information being published for parents.  Is there a way of including graded outcomes to assignments that are not visible to students and parents?  Will clicking on ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to lock a page within a module so that it is not available until the day of?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am asking half of my students to work together for an hour of class time (either on a discussion board or webex) on a group activity. I will not be monitoring it as I will be working with other students outside at the same time. They will be submit...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I chose "New Quizzes" and clicked the box that makes all quizzes in that course a "New Quiz" type. That was a mistake. Can I undo that so that I can use "classic Quizzes".

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My campus is needing help to prepare for the upcoming year. We are needing to assign an assignment to different groups of students based on in person learning versus online. Is there a way to do this without clicking on each students name to assign. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've just created a rubric for a Netiquette Quiz and I'm now trying to post it to the quiz. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How does my son know from what time to what time his classes are? We are having trouble figuring that out in Canvas. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I restrict access to the speaker notes with embedded Google Slides? I want the students to be able to view the most up-to-date versions but I don't want them to be able to see my notes. I also don't want to have to make two versions of the slides...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I edit the grades.  No editing tab exists.  I'm putting in the columns for each required grade.  Can't seem to edit or revise set-up.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Ahoy, Does using speedgrader ever change the grading behavior from a default of "automatic" to "manual?" We have the rubrics linked to assignments with the correct setting to be used for grading, but I know that's a different idea than changing the p...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to find all the pages of my course that contain a specific text phrase. How do I do that? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a teacher but I only have student access.  How do I change it to teacher access?  It isn't in student view, it is student access.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

my students are facing difficulty in accessing my courses and some of them have multiple registration and ID due to this trouble it is confusing why is this happening ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,why can we view content on the dashboard?we cannot select the courses as well. Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The guides in UC Canvas 101 course do not open. ???

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies