Canvas not showing anything on screen

Jump to solution
KiaraLigans7217
Community Member

Whenever I login to my canvas on my computer nothing what so ever shows on my screen other then the side bar on the far left, wHAT I can see is still limited though to being the help men, a calendar and two other things but when I do click on them they don't work anyway, I also want to say the I WAS using an older version of google chrome and it wasn't working and then I downloaded the newer version of google chrome and I didn't work as well. it also doesn't work on safari either. I want to add as well that up until a month ago , maybe longer, I was not having this problem at all, but It makes it very hard for me to turn it assignments because starting a new term I can't do any of my work on my computer or look at things I need done because it isn't working, please help .

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @KiaraLigans7217 ...

Sorry to read that you're having some difficulties accessing Canvas recently.  That's not fun.  I've seen several questions similar to yours.  Thanks for confirming that you've tried updating your Google Chrome browser...as that is one of the suggestions I would normally recommend.  You also mentioned that you tried Safari.  Have you tried another browser such as Mozilla Firefox?  I'd also recommend that you read through this Guide...as part of this Guide does a check of your computer and browser to make sure it is up-to-date.  What are the browser and computer requirements for Instructure products?

Also, you might want to try clearing your browser's cache/history files.  Close down your browser afterwards, and then re-start your browser.  Log back in to Canvas to see if anything has changed...hopefully for the better.

Have you reached out to Concorde's Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Learning department?  They may have some recommendations for you.

Finally, you might want to try contacting the Canvas Help Desk staff.  They may also have some suggestions for you.  How do I contact Canvas Support? - Instructure Community

I hope one or more of these things will be helpful to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes