How can I test the viewing of feedback in a quiz?

Jump to solution
RuthWinnett
Community Member

I've built the quiz, and put all the feedback for text-entry type in box 3 - general feedback regardless of whether it is correct or incorrect answer.  When I preview this in student view, those items only show 'Waiting for grade" not the feedback entered, while the MC and T/F ones show the correct answer.

How can I be sure my students will see the generic feedback?  I've also put the setting on to Show feedback immediately

0 Likes
1 Solution

@RuthWinnett -

pictures 2 and 3 are the key ones.  Picture 3 shows what should be the correct setup.  Picture 2 is indicating to me(I don't use New quizzes) that you probably have the grading set to manual for the quiz - this is changed in the gradebook.  When that is the case, the grade is hidden from the students until you post the grades.  if in the gradebook it says manual below the quiz title, then that is probably the issue.  Just click on the ellipses and go to grade posting policy and select automatic.  It may solve the problem right away, or you may actually have to grade the quiz for the change to take place.

let us know if that is not the case.

Ron

View solution in original post

0 Likes