Capping Grades at 100%

Jump to solution
LeniF
Community Explorer

Hi,
we're implementing Canvas right at the moment and have trouble with the lack of an option of capping grades at 100%. I searched the forum and found one or two posts, but I don't find info, if this feature has been implemented or not.
Especially during roll-out we want to ensure, that teachers don't grad exceeding the grading limits.

Thank you for your help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@LeniF 

What @SusanNiemeyer is talking about is a message box that pops up for grades entered that are too high - for me it is once 150% of the grade is encountered (this is directly in the gradebook - see the attached picture.  Thing is that box is up at the top of the gradebook view and not at the point of entry.  Plus, it does not last long.

The grade warning shown is for a score of 30 entered for newQuiz for the last student.  In speed grader for assignments, the message appears in the same spot when once again a grade 150% or higher is entered.  Hopefully Susan will chime back in with the message she is seeing and if it does occur when a grade higher than 100% is entered.

Ron

View solution in original post