Change name of menu

Jump to solution
RaianeSilva
Community Explorer

Hello community!

In the side menu of the courses, I'm trying to change the name of "modules" to "Start your Course", but my Javascript is not working. Has anyone had this case and can help me?

0 Likes
3 Solutions
RaianeSilva
Community Explorer
Author

$("#section-tabs .modules").text("Lesson Content");

Apply a account theme

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @RaianeSilva ...

I can understand why there might be a need/want to change the course navigation menu names...one of which is to make things as easy as possible for your students to know where to begin.  Thus, the reason for the custom name of your menu button.  However, IMHO, it's important to keep in mind that custom names won't appear in any of the official Canvas documentation.  So, for example:

Have you considered making your "Modules" page the first page your students will see when the log into your course or when they click on the "Home" page?

How do I change the Course Home Page? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

That might be another option for you, and you could have a module at the top of the page that includes any content you want students to read right away.  Then, they can go through each of your other modules from there.  Just a thought...and maybe you are already doing something similar already.

Anyway...my $0.02 for what it's worth.  Let Community members know if you have more questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post