michelvanast
Community Member

Change practice quiz to graded quiz results in missing submissions?

To get an (total) overview of the results of 12 quizzes we've changed the practice quizzes to graded quizzes. Unfortunately a lot of submissions of students disappear... in the Gradebook we see them as 'missing submission' (red cel with a dash). If we check a few of those students, they have completed the quiz. Why is it showing as missing submission and how can we fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @michelvanast

After the students completed the practice quiz, the submissions were in the speedgrader correct? Switching it from practice to graded wouldn't erase the quiz that they had taken already and they should still be in the speedgrader. However, changing quizzes after the students have taken it can require you to go to the speedgrader, check their grades/input any, and then scroll to the bottom and hit "update scores" - this is required if you change quiz questions themselves and settings like practice to graded. If that still doesn't render them in the speedgrader, you'd want to speak with Canvas Support.

Because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767

michelvanast
Community Member

Thank you very much! I'm not sure if the results were in the speedgrader, since we don't use the speedgrader. But when I checked after I'd changed the settings not all the results were there. Strange enough, when I made an export from the specific quiz or looked at the quiz results in Canvas itself, the results were there.

I've noticed something else, when I change the setting of the quiz to 'multiple attemps', (almost) all the results appear (some only after a few minutes).

Hello @michelvanast 

Hmm very strange. If something is acting up, you would need Canvas Support to delve into the specifics of what may be causing it. I already post the how-to guide but I would certainly contact Canvas Support at this point.