Classic Quizzes Ungraded Survey for Course Evaluation

Jump to solution
barlarj
Community Explorer

My college is looking at putting an ungraded survey in each course to use as the course evaluation.  Here are a few questions I'm trying to answer to determine if this will work. 

1. Can you see who did and did not complete the survey in an ungraded survey?  We want to keep it anonymous but would like to be able to follow up with any students who haven't completed it. 

2. Can you print as PDF the results with percentages?  I know you can download a spreadsheet but I believe that gives individual answers.  We are looking to have each instructor save their results as a PDF to submit to the Academic Dean.  Is this possible?

3. Is there an easy way to add this survey into each course once courses have already been populated and teachers have created their course content?  Or, would we need to go into each course individually and import this course evaluation?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
hesspe
Community Champion

Since Canvas has announced that New Quizzes will be replacing the current integrated quiz engine in less than 2 years, and New Quizzes does not have an ungraded survey option (or any survey option), you might want to consider another approach.  With some effort you could sort of simulate an ungraded survey in New Quizzes but even then I don't think it would meet your other criteria.  If anyone else has clever workarounds to suggest that would allow New Quizzes to accomplish some of what you are looking for, I also would be very interested in how that might be done.

View solution in original post

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @barlarj ...

I would agree with @hesspe about possibly looking at other options.  At one time (not sure if this still true), the College that I worked for used to send out course evaluation surveys through our Marketing department using Survey Monkey (or a similar product).  They sent those surveys out completely independent of the LMS...as I believe they were able to send out surveys targeted to certain groups of people (students, staff, instructors, etc.)  Maybe this would be an option for you as well?  And, if you did want to include some kind of link for students to click on within Canvas, you could create a global announcement posted to the Canvas Dashboard for students to see.  Of course, you would need Canvas administrator access to do this.

How do I create a global announcement in an account?

Anyway...it's just a thought...for what it's worth.

View solution in original post

0 Likes