Conversations not populating app and desktop

Jump to solution
pdigiacobbe
Community Explorer

I have a couple of instructors that claim the conversations in the Inbox are not populating the same on the Teacher app as the desktop.  They may see them on the desktop but not the app or vice versa.  I know the one instructor is using an iPad.  Has anyone experienced this before?

After a little more information from the instructor, it seems the conversations are showing up in his app but not in the email that he has connected to Canvas.  His notifications appear to be set correctly.

Thanks

Patty

1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Patty,

Is the instructor not receiving any of the messages in their email or just some?  If they are not receiving all of them it's possible that they are going to Spam, or being blocked in some other manner between after being sent out from Canvas.  Another thing I've seen is that Canvas will not send email to an unverified email account, or an account that has bounced emails for whatever reason.  To check this, try having the person go to Account, Settings and look at the email address(es) listed in the upper right corner.  Look for any type of alert icon that might indicate the email has not been confirmed. If given the option I think there might be a link to send a new confirmation message.

If none of that helps I suggest clicking the Help icon in Canvas and using the report a problem link to open a ticket with Canvas support.

Rick

View solution in original post