how to find old quiz banks?

Jump to solution
jwarren7
Community Member

I recently found some typos in a quiz bank I built years ago. I want to go into the original quiz bank and fix those so that I don't have to do it separately every time I use those questions in future quizzes. So, how do I edit questions in a quiz bank that I created years ago? I have no idea/memory of what semester or class I originally created it in so I can't find it that way. Any help is appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

I recently ran into this problem myself. The solution was to go back into my concluded courses and figure out where my old quiz banks were located. Then I "imported" them into my current course. (Just make sure to import "selected" content.)

Once I did that, I could easily update the old banks and relink them to the quizzes in my current course. (I still use Classic quizzes.)

View solution in original post

Hi @jwarren7,

Assuming you're using classic quizzes (since you mentioned creating the quizzes years ago), you can figure out which course the bank lives in by hovering over or clicking the title of the question bank which in quiz editing mode.  In the screenshot attached here (clipped for privacy), hovering over the 101 should in the bottom left corner of your browser, show you the URL of the bank, which includes the course number.  Clicking the title should take you to the course where the bank lives.

Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 7.54.26 PM.png

Hope this info helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post