Date stamps on assignments

Jump to solution
EWinkler
Community Member

I am an instructor for a college biology class. We just had midterm grades due last week, and I had graded everything submitted by Oct. 13 to figure my course grades. I went onto Canvas today, and had 2 students with submissions on month + old assignments. Late work carries a penalty, and after a certain time can't be submitted anymore. However, both of the assignments carried a "date submitted" as on time. This can't be true, because I had seen and graded all assignments that were submitted. So that means that either a) Canvas had some kind of system error where the students work was not loaded to my interface, or b) they've managed to change date and time settings in some way to fake an on-time submission. Anyone else heard of or seen this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
JeffW
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @EWinkler 

I am sorry to see that you have gone so long without a reply.

In my experience there is no way that a student could have altered the data in Canvas to fake an on time submission. That is unless they provided screen shots which definitely could have been altered. 

I would advise reaching out to Canvas Support to have them investigate the issue.

View solution in original post