De- crossfitting my sections

Jump to solution
MICHAELAHELM
Community Member

Good evening,

I am wanting to de-cross fit my sections, but it's not allowing me to.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@MICHAELAHELM ...

De-crossfitting?  Is that some kind of new anti-exercise routine I'm not familiar with?  😉

I think what you mean is de-cross-listing.  The answer to this question is, yes...you can do this.  If you have initially cross-listed two or more courses together, you want to log into the course where all the enrollments cross-listed into.  Some of us here in the Community refer to this course as the "parent" course.  Then, in this "parent" course, click on your course "Settings", and then click on the "Sections" tab.  You should see all the sections you had cross-listed together.  Click on one of the "child" sections (not the "parent" section), and you should have the option to de-cross-list the course...returning it to how it originally was...as a separate course.

How do I de-cross-list a section in a course as an instructor?

If you are unable to do this as an instructor, you will want to reach out to your local Canvas administrator, and (s)he should be able to take care of this for you.

I hope this helps a bit.  Let Community members know if we can be of further assistance.  

View solution in original post