Deleted in error, Archive built into school's account?

Jump to solution
kayser
Community Explorer

As Admin, I have deleted some courses that were old, or no longer fitting our process.

One teacher needs two of his courses recovered. Is there an Archive built in my school's Canvas account that manages this archiving?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @kayser,

You should be able to restore a previously deleted course by following the How do I restore a deleted course in an account? - Instructure Community - 91 (canvaslms.com) guide.  Course content should be restored, though enrollments in the course would need to be recreated if they are needed.  The one caveat to this is that you'll need to know the numeric canvas course id of the course to restore.  If you don't know that, you could try to run a provisioning report from your account -> settings -> reports area, including deleted objects, to see if you can find the course in the generated CSV file and grab the id from there.

Hope this info helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kayser
Community Explorer
Author

Thank you I got my answer.

I needed to make sure all my Blueprint courses are numbered. I need to be sure that all courses were published.

The missing one was never published which is how it got deleted in the first place.

Fortunately I had enough back up from last school year to fulfil the course needs.

The Archive information and the use of Admin Tools was extremely helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes