Deleting announcements as a student

Jump to solution
LaurenAdams1
Community Member

I have recently been annoyed at the amount of announcements in my announcement box as a student.

I went through and deleted some of the lecturers announcements but paused to think whether this was deleting the announcements for for the rest of the students or just myself. I cannot seem to find an answer to this anywhere.

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Hello there, @LaurenAdams1 …

Thank you for sharing the screenshot.  It took me a while, but I think I now understand why you have the option to delete announcements.  I noticed that you have the “+ Announcement” button at the top right corner of your screenshot.  So, this tells me that your school has chosen to give students a certain permission to add announcements to courses…even as students.  Normally, this is something that is left to an instructor only permission, but there may be use cases for wanting students to create announcements in a course, too.  Do you have the “+ Announcement” button in other courses, too?  My guess is that you probably do?  Since you have that button, then you would be able to delete announcements.  So, to answer your original question, I believe that if you deleted an announcement (even if it wasn’t created by you), then it would delete it from everyone’s view…not just your own.

Hope this will be of some help to you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

@Chris_Hofer Wow! That is just weird. 

@LaurenAdams1  I might suggest that you let your instructor know about this. 

View solution in original post