Disable/disallow students from being able to submit an attachment through graded comments

Jump to solution
GloriaGuerra
Community Member

Disable/disallow students from being able to submit an attachment through graded comments

Has a feature been requested by faculty to have Canvas disable/disallow students from being able to submit an attachment through graded comments?

2 Solutions
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

I have occasionally had students do this. I just tell them that they must submit the assignment correctly in order for me to grade it.

View solution in original post

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @GloriaGuerra ...

I think I have found an existing Feature Idea here in the Canvas Community that might be similar to what you are asking for.  You can find it at:

Disable file attachments in comments for assignment submissions

If you feel that this Feature Idea is similar to something you'd like to see implemented in Canvas, you can leave a comment on that Feature Idea as well as give it a star rating.  (More about the star rating system at How do idea conversations work in the Instructure Community?.)  Please know that this isn't the only way that Instructure gets feedback from us as end users of the LMS on what things should be developed in Canvas.  That is covered in the section called "Discover" on What is the feature development process for Instructure products?.

Hopefully these resources will be of some help to you.  In the meantime, I agree with the suggestion from @SusanNiemeyer.

Let us know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes