Disable student notifications ?

Jump to solution
cendy
Community Novice

Is there a way to disable the notifications sent out to students every time I make a change to a classroom? I know they can manage their notification, but that it not what I am looking for. We have a college-wide classroom, and we don't want to bombard our students with notifications. We want them to pay attention to the notifications in their academic classes. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @cendy  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  As you may know, notifications are set per user.  There's no way on the front end of Canvas to set someone else's notification settings for them.  You can only set your own notification settings.  I'm not sure if you follow the Canvas Release Notes space here in the Community, but later this month, users will be able to turn off notification per course.  Check out the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-18579-canvas-release-notes-2020-04-18 document for additional details on "Notifications: Mute Notifications by Course".

I hope this information will be of help to you, Christine.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes