Discussion Posts from Last Year, Showing Up This Year

Jump to solution
OmarKhater
Community Member

Hello I am a supervisor of student staff at a university. Using Canvas as a platform for training student staff. Last year, we didn't put the students into Sections because we were unaware of them existing. Now that we are in a new year, the students can see the posts from last year on the discussion boards. Is there any way for us to hide the discussion post contributions without deleting them individually? We would like to basically start fresh each year without having to create a Canvas course each time.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@OmarKhater ...

It sounds like you may be re-using a Canvas course over multiple terms/semesters.  However, using a new Canvas course shell is really the way to go here.  This is how most schools set things up...so that they do not run into situations like you describe.  While it might not be the most ideal, I would highly suggest you re-visit the idea of using a new course shell for each term/semester/year that you offer the course.  This way, you can keep any discussions, assignment submissions, etc. separate per course, and you can simply import/copy course content from one course to another using the Course Import Tool.

How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?

View solution in original post

0 Likes