Do To-Do dates "shift" (or go away?) when doing a course import and shifting due dates?

Jump to solution
Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

Do To-Do dates "shift" (or go away?) when doing a course import and shifting due dates?

I'm about to show teachers various things about using Pages, but not sure how To Do dates work.  I get it that checking this and adding a date will put it on their To Do list and Calendar.

But what happens after?

Next school year, when they import their course, what happens to the To Do dates?  If you do Shift Due Dates, will these dates shift as well? Or will Due Dates get cleared out when doing course import?  Or will the old dates remain?

(If old dates remain, does anyone know if there is an Idea out there to vote to get this get fixed?)

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @Hildi_Pardo  

When you copy a course into a new term, you have three choices:

• Leave the due dates as they are,
  • Remove all due dates, and
  • Adjust dates and events.

If you choose the latter, your best results will be obtained it you enter the start and dates for both the school year you are copying from, and the school year you are copying to. However, since no two school years are exactly the same, some due dates will always need to be manually adjusted.

You can learn more in the Course Import Tool chapter of the Canvas Instructor Guide.

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes