Sidebar covering/blocking page content

Jump to solution
DanielleW876
Community Explorer

Is anyone else experiencing this? On the home page of any course, the right hand sidebar almost overlaps a bit of the content on the right , which also stops me from using the menu items for any modules. I've attached a screenshot for viewing. 

The only workaround I've found is zooming in so much that the sidebar moves to the very bottom of the page ! Using it as if I'm on a mobile device... which is a pain 😞  

My colleague doesn't have the same issue but I can't figure out what would be different. I am the admin for Canvas at our school and only began in June , haven't changed anything that would cause this. I'm using Chrome on a Chromebook to access Canvas. Any suggestions would be amazing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @DanielleW876,

I'm not currently experiencing this on our instance using any major web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari).  When comparing what I see on my instance to your screenshot, I notice you have an "export course content" button on the top which we do not.  I looked around documentation a bit to find if that's a built-in option somewhere, but I couldn't find anything.  I wonder if someone added that button through custom coding, and that's causing the content to be wider than expected and thus overflowing under the sidebar.  If you know how that button got there (either through custom theme JavaScript or through a Canvas option that I cannot find right now) I'd perhaps suggest disabling it to see if it solves the problem.  If we know that is the issue, then perhaps someone would be able to suggest possible fixes, other than just removing the button).

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes