Due dates for courses associated with a blueprint don't map to course start date

Jump to solution
LesliBaar
Community Member

How do I manage due dates when associating a blueprint to a course? The due dates remain the same as the blueprint even though I set a future start date for the course.

Note - I'm using blueprints because new quizzes don't copy when I copy a course. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
NicoletteStaley
Instructure
Instructure

There are various options that can be set in a Blueprint course for the way that it's content syncs.  In the Course Details tab of the Course Settings of the Blueprint course you can determine how to configure the way the content syncs.  This guide covers the details of how to set the restrictions for the syncing (in this case I suspect that you want the Due Dates to be Unlocked). 

If the purpose of you using a Blueprint course is for the ability to copy New Quizzes between Canvas courses, you will be happy to know that the ability to copy New Quizzes between courses is here and you can do it directly without the need for a Blueprint course.  You may want to see the  How do I copy a quiz to another course in New Quizzes? instructor guide for more details on the process.

View solution in original post

0 Likes