cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I copy a quiz to another course in New Quizzes?

How do I copy a quiz to another course in New Quizzes?

As an instructor, you can copy individual new quizzes in one course directly into another course in which you are enrolled as an instructor. You can also send new quizzes to other instructors at your institution. When you copy a new quiz, any assets within that quiz (images, files, etc.) will be included in the file copy.

Notes:  

• To share course content, you must have the Course Content - add / edit / delete permission enabled.
  • Shared content does not count against course or user quotas.

Open Quizzes

Open Quizzes

In Course Navigation, click the Quizzes link.

Open Quiz Options

Open Quiz Options

Locate the quiz you wish to copy, then click the quiz Options icon [1]. Select the Copy To... option [2].

Select Course

Select Course

Enter the name of a course or course code in the Select a Course field [1]. Then select the course into which you want to copy the assignment [2].

Select Location

Select Location

If you wish, you can copy the assignment into a specific module and location within a course.

Click or type a module name in the Select a Module field [1]. Then select the module for the copied assignment.

To select a location within the module, click the Place drop-down menu [2]. You can select to copy the assignment to the top of the module, before or after a specific module item, or at the bottom of a module.  

Copy Assignment

Copy Assignment

Click the Copy button.

View Copy Notification

View Copy Notification

Canvas displays a notification when an assignment is copied successfully [1].

When finished, click the Close icon [2] or the Close button [3].

View Copied Quiz

View Copied Quiz

Copied quizzes display on the Quizzes Index Page for the course into which it copied.

Comments

This process is not working for me. When I try to copy the course from my workroom I can see it in the class where I sent it but when I try to open it I get an error that says "Couldn't find valid settings for this link"

@leonaac,

Are you copying a quiz that was created with the New Quizzes tool? If so, does the course that it was copied to have New Quizzes enabled? That may be why you're seeing an error. 

Naomi

I have a teacher that went through this steps but gets an email alerting her that she has broken links.  Should she visit the Course Link Validator or is she doing something wrong in the copy to process?

@beatyg,

That couldn't hurt. You may also want to try the solution Naomi mentioned above to ensure that New Quizzes is enabled in the destination course.

Cody 

When we move a New Quizzes from one course to another it moves the just the item and title, but it does not have the questions with it. We have followed all of the steps above. What have we missed? 

We have a teacher that is a co-teacher in period 3 & 6, the course and grades are showing in the dashboard, grades, settings & everything other part of Canvas.

In creating a quiz they can only assign it to period 6, they can't send to or copy to the other period 3 that he teaches?

Can someone please help asap?

@crystal_burnett,

If Canvas is not behaving properly, please use the Help menu to reach out to Canvas Support so they can throughly troubleshoot the issue.

Cody 

@stesmi,

So when following the steps in this lesson, he does not see all the courses that he teaches? And he has an instructor role in both?  I would also suggest using the Help menu to reach out to Canvas Support so they can throughly troubleshoot the issue.

Cody

These comments are posted to the global Canvas Community,

NOT your Canvas course.

• Have a question about using Canvas? Visit the Q&A page.
  • Have an idea to improve Canvas? Visit the Idea Conversations space.
  • Need to reply to a course discussion? Log in to your Canvas course and add your comment there (Tip: Visit your school's website to log in to Canvas).
Version history
Revision #:
6 of 6
Last update:
a week ago
Updated by: