Duplicate within a course a quiz that is linked to question banks

pdaves
Community Participant

Canvas tech support has answered different questions surrounding this issue, but I've never found an answer to this specific question even though a bunch of people have asked this exact thing:

I have a quiz that links to about 22 different question banks. Basically, each of the question banks has 10 versions of a question. In this way, every student gets a different version of the same test. 

I want to duplicate this quiz, perhaps several times, WITHIN MY SAME COURSE. I don't want to copy it to another course, and I want the duplicated quiz to continue to be linked to the question banks. One Canvas tech support suggested exporting the the quiz and related question banks to a .qti file and then reimporting them into another course. I want this in the SAME course, not a different course. If I follow these instructions and import the qti file into my same course, I'll get extra versions of the quiz but also of the question banks? If I follow these directions and import the .qti file 3 times to make 3 copies, I don't also want 3 copies of each of the 22 question banks! I want the all of the duplicated quizzes to refer to the question banks that are there now. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes