Duplicating

Jump to solution
DianeRose
Community Novice

I copied a Teaching Plan into each of my modules and started editing them. I just realized that as I edit, it is not only editing the specific module that I am working on, it is also editing all of the module teaching plans that I copied. Therefore I have lost all the work that I have done.

I now need to go back and redo the teaching plans, but I don't want the same thing to happen again. How do I prevent this from happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

How frustrating!  It sounds to me like you simply added the same page to all of your modules and have been editing that same page. Note that an item (page, assignment, discussion, quiz) can be placed in multiple modules. That item will be identical regardless of the module it's placed it. 

What you need to do instead is create multiple pages (e.g. Week 1 Plan, Week 2 Plan, Week 3 Plan...). Each page needs to have have its own distinct name. If you click on Pages, do you see a separate page for each weekly plan? 

Note that it is possible to "duplicate" pages to save time, but then you need to go back and edit the titles of your pages (as well as the content) and place the pages in the correct modules. ("Week 1 Plan" will go into the Week 1 Module; "Week 2 Plan" will go into the Week 2 Module," and so on.)

View solution in original post