Embedded Google doc won't update

Jump to solution
GigibytheSea
Community Explorer

My embedded Google doc will not update when I make changes.  I have triple checked everything - the permissions are set correctly, the 'update automatically' box is checked, I am using the embed code from Google and using the embed tool on Canvas. I have removed and reuploaded it several times. I have tried inserting the code directly into the HTML line. I have tried refreshing, closing and reopening Canvas and still nothing works.  I have a Google slide embedded and it updates with no problem.  I have embedded Google docs in the past and they update. I tried creating a new page and embedding it here, still no luck. I even tried other Google docs and none of them will update. I cannot figure out what is going on and nothing in the community posts has provided any help. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello  @GigibytheSea 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with updating an embedded Google Doc. It sounds like you have tried  multiple steps to get this to work as intended. It is likely your internet browser and we recommend clearing the cache and cookies or trying another browser.

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots
Click settings
On the left, choose Privacy and Security
Then, clear browsing data
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

If that still doesn't  resolve the issue, we can try clearing the Google Tokens  with your account. You can do this by going  to your account settings and removing the Google integration. Here is the Canvas guide:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-manage-API-access-tokens-as-an-instruct...  

If that still doesn't resolve the issue, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767 

View solution in original post

0 Likes