Error message when uploading and recording video

Jump to solution
BethStram
Community Novice

After I compete recording my video and hit "submit" I get an error message saying it cannot be updated to my class discussion forum. The same thing occurs when I create my own video (not using the Canvas platform) and try to upload it.

Thanks for your help! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @BethStram 

Thank you for contacting the Instructure Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with uploading a video. Firstly, you should check your user files - if these are full you won't be able to upload any media to a discussion. You can delete old items that you no longer  need to make room for new files:

How do I use Files as a student? - Instructure Community  

Additionally, sometimes if  you have issues uploading to the discussion directly using this files tab can be a helpful work around. Try uploading your video here first by using + upload in the top right corner. If your file uploads here successfully, simply go back to your discussion and reply. You'll then click above your reply box Insert - media - user media and choose the video. 

If none of that resolves it, It is likely your internet browser and we recommend clearing the cache and cookies or trying another browser. Hopefully this helps.

View solution in original post