Export Course Content?

Jump to solution
ekhawthorne
Community Member

Hello Canvas Community,

I am using the Free-for-Teacher's version of Canvas, and have created 3 different courses. I am having trouble downloading the course content for one of my courses to import into a paid version of Canvas. After I navigated to Account -> Settings -> Download Content, the following message was displayed on the screen: "Downloading course content allows access to content while offline. Content may include files, pages, assignments, discussion topics or quizzes. Click "Generate ePub" for each course and open with any eReader software to view." See attached screenshot.

The issue is no courses are listed in my Free-for-Teachers version of Canvas.

Any suggestions and help are greatly appreciated!

~Beth

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @ekhawthorne,

The area you're at is really more for students to download an epub version of the course (if that option is enabled), not for you as a teacher to download the course to transfer to another Canvas instance.  You'll want to follow the How do I export a Canvas course? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com) guide to export your course as an imscc (zip) file, then the How do I import a Canvas course export package? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com) guide to import that file into a course in your new Canvas instance.

Hope this helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post