cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
talway
Community Participant

Exporting Outcomes

Jump to solution

I apologize if this question has already been asked but I wasn't able to find the answer.  We are working on creating Outcomes and testing them on the Test site.  Is it possible to move those outcomes from the Test site to the live site without having to redo everything?  I see that it is possible to import outcomes however I do not see an export feature.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
leward
Community Contributor

If outcomes are created at the account level (not in a course), there is a Outcomes Export report under <account name> > Settings > Reports that can be used to create CSV file compatible with the import function.  

Alternatively, you can create the outcomes from scratch with CSV file and then use the same CSV to create the outcomes in a different location.  You'll need to change the vendor_guid value before you import in a new location.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
am_jagusztyn
Community Participant

I second this and I have a different reason: we are finding limits with outcomes reports. It may seem like a good solution is avoid creating outcomes at the course level and instead add them at the sub-account level. It's a headache to manually type in four outcome levels with heavy descriptions after already do this. And on top of that, there's no way to "find" an outcome from a course when I am looking for outcomes at the sub-account level unless I am missing something. I'd like to be able to export my course level outcomes and add them at the sub-account level.

leward
Community Contributor

If outcomes are created at the account level (not in a course), there is a Outcomes Export report under <account name> > Settings > Reports that can be used to create CSV file compatible with the import function.  

Alternatively, you can create the outcomes from scratch with CSV file and then use the same CSV to create the outcomes in a different location.  You'll need to change the vendor_guid value before you import in a new location.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
edgardrodrigues
Community Participant

Hi, Tom!

I recently had to accomplish this task.

I created the results in the test, I performed the "Export course content" and then imported into a new course in live.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @talway ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on November 8, 2018.  It looks like you've received some helpful responses from members of the Community over the past several months.  Have you had an opportunity to review all the responses?  If so, did any of them help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help from members of the Community with your original question?  If you feel that one of the above responses has helped to answer your question, please feel free to click the "Mark Correct" button next to that person's response.  However, if you are still looking for some help, please come back to this topic to post a message below so that someone from the Community might be able to help you out.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for a couple of months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Tom.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

talway
Community Participant

Hi Chris:

Yes, the responses were helpful.  I will close out the question.  Thank  you.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @talway ...

Great to hear back from you!  Thanks for letting us know that you've found the above answers helpful!  Rather than marking my "check in" response (above) as "Correct", do you feel that one of the other replies from  @am_jagusztyn ,  @leward , or edgardrodrigues could be marked "Correct" instead?  My "check-in" from the other day doesn't really answer your question...but I'm thinking one of the other responses might instead.  However, I'll leave that up to you to decide.  Just click the "Mark Correct" button next to one of their responses.  Thanks again for reporting back!

talway
Community Participant

Chris, I meant to mark Lynn's response as correct however accidently selected you.  When I tried to undo it, I could not, as the "Mark Correct" feature is now gone.  The only thing I can do is give a badge.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @talway ...

I've marked Lynn's response as "Correct" for you.

talway
Community Participant

Thank you!