Extra Credit in Canvas

mwiscount
Community Member

I'd like to see an option when creating an assignment, that we can mark/select the assignment is Extra Credit. With that designation, the assignment is worth extra credit points, but those points are not added to the total number of points of the course.

Presently, the extra credit points are added to the total, and we need to manually enter Final Grades in the Canvas gradebook because of this situation. If the Extra Credit is one point, we want to place 1% of Total in an Extra Credit assignment group, which holds the one Extra Credit assignment. That way, in the "Assignments are weighted by group:" on the Syllabus, it registers as 101% with the Extra Credit as an option.

However, again, in the Gradebook, it divides the total points earned by a student by 101 points instead of 100 points. Please advise if there is a way to change it. I've looked at the answer for how to enter an Extra Credit assignment, but the image shows no points for the Extra Credit assignment with an unweighted assignment group.

Or let's have the ability to assign an assignment group or module as Extra Credit, but I believe having this option on a specific Extra Credit assignment, is the best place for it.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and help. It is much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes