Extra "student"

Jump to solution
kmccloy
Community Novice

I added a test student to my 2 classes to help me see things from the student's point of view, but one of my classes has an extra "test student".. I have tried deleting them both and reinviting my test student but it still shows up as 2 people on my grading page (not on the people page).  THis is only for one of the classes I teach.  What do I do and how do I get rid of "him"??

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @kmccloy ...

If you have ever used the "Student View" in your course (How do I view a course as a test student using Student View?), then "Test Student" is added to your course Gradebook.  There's a pretty easy way to delete it, however.  In your course, go to "Settings" >> "Sections" tab, and then click on the section name under "Course Sections".  You should see a listing of your students under "Current Enrollments".  Scroll down a bit, and you should see one for "Student, Test" with a long string of random letters and numbers.  Hover your mouse over this, and you should see a red circle with a white "x" icon.  Go ahead and click that icon to remove "Student, Test".  Go back to your "Gradebook", and it should be gone.  However, if you choose to use the "Student View" in the future, it will appear back in your "Gradebook", and you'll have to delete it again.  If you cannot delete "Student, Test" on your own, talk to your school's local Canvas administrator or someone in your school's Online Learning/eLearning department, and they should be able to do this for you.

I hope this helps!  Sing out if you have any questions.  Be well, and stay safe!

View solution in original post

0 Likes