Feature: Prominantly Display Current Grade on Homepage

Jump to solution
rtoole
Community Member

I tried for a while to request this in the proper spot for Feature Requests but could not do so. So, I was hoping to post it here, and someone would help it find its way to the Feature Requests ...

In our department, about 50% of the professors use percentages for grading and about 50% use points. It just depends on the easiest method for the class and the professor. The problem is that students forget which class is which, despite how often they are reminded of what values in the "Grades" say.

So, my feature request is that the student's current grade (in % or points) be prominently displayed on the "Home" page so that students can see it easily. This could be at the top left, the middle, etc. Seeing your grade is helpful throughout the semester, especially at the end of the semester when exams approach when balancing several classes and exam policies.

Thank you!

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @rtoole ...

Similar to Kristin's response to your other thread, Solved: Feature Request: Default "Enter Grades as" for all... - Instructure Community - 603648 (canv..., you're going to want to submit this as a separate idea in the "Ideas and Themes" space here in the Canvas Community.  I'm going to paste Kristin's response from that thread here as well.

Hi! Thank you for sharing your idea, but you will need to use our template in the Canvas Ideas & Themes space.

Here are some resources to help you! 

How do Ideas and Themes work in the Instructure Community? 
How do I create a new idea in the Instructure Community? 
What are the guidelines for submitting a new idea?

View solution in original post