[Feature Request] Email Only Students

Jump to solution
The_Viking
Community Participant

In the Inbox, you can select a course and then choose "All in" the specified course or "Teachers."  However, we have some ongoing sites for groups of individuals like student organizations or specific programs where there are several teachers involved that do not always need to be included in the emails.  I frequently have emails I'd like to send to just the students, and not the teachers, however this is not an option. I am requesting to please have an option for courses to just email the students. Thank you. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @The_Viking,

This is actually already a feature built-in to Canvas, but it may be something your school/institution has disabled.  I'll include a couple screenshots showing how my inbox looks and showing the option is there.  This may be something to ask your school//institution Canvas team (usually in the eLearning / IT / Digital Education areas) about.  There are a lot of cases where access to students inbox is disabled on purpose for a variety of reasons, but it could also be something your team would be willing to adjust.

I hope this helps!

-Chris

Screenshot 2023-07-29 at 1.21.57 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-07-29 at 1.22.08 PM.png

View solution in original post