Feedback for new UI tray in Assignments

Jump to solution
rojask
Community Participant

Hi Instructure Product Team and Engineering Team,

I want to provide feedback on the new tray for Assign Access in Assignments.

An instructor said that she couldn't save her assignment when clicking on the Save button. The reason why she couldn't save it is because of old due dates, but the information which appears in red text was hidden inside of the unopened tray.

Please see my attached screenshot for a visual.

Would the team developing this feature be open to making this error more obvious when the tray is closed? It's frustrating for a user to be clicking Save, having nothing happen, and not being given any visual feedback about what is wrong if the tray is closed (as it is by default).

Thank you for your consideration.

Kate Rojas, Canvas Admin at the University of Pennsylvania

Labels (3)
1 Solution
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @rojask 

Thanks for posting about this in the Community! 

I believe that this is actually known issue in Canvas! I was able to replicate this on my end and saw a few other reports from other community users. 

When an assignment/quiz/discussion has a due/availability date that is falling outside of the start/end dates of the course/term, an obvious alert is not being generated as you try and save your changes. The only way to view the conflict is to click the Manage Assign To Button to see if an error has been encountered. 

If you haven't already, I'd recommend reaching out to Canvas support to have them take a closer look at the issue. 

Hopefully this helps! 

-Colton 

View solution in original post

0 Likes