Firefox browser is out of date?

Jump to solution
SophiesDriver
Community Member

Your browser checking tool says that my browser is Firefox 109
My Firefox identifies itself as Firefox 111.
I am not incorrect in interpreting the information that your checking tool provides.
I am not incorrect in interpreting my Firefox browser status. see the attached screenshots.
Firefox will not allow me to update my Firefox 111.

I tried.

I did this exercise because my professor included it as a task to be completed as part of Module One of the coursework I begin today.
Your browser checking tool has broken my concentration, pulled me away from scholarly study for approximately 40 minutes, and wasted my time.
You should fix your tool

Labels (1)
1 Solution
nathanatkinson
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @SophiesDriver thanks for the question! Looks like our tool had a strange bug that was breaking when detecting some of the latest versions of Firefox. We've identified and deployed a fix today so this tool is now accurate and will display the correct version for all browsers. I tested this myself on Firefox 111 and it works perfectly.

I do apologize that so much time was lost to this. However, for future reference, it's always best to trust what your browser is telling you over any tool that tells you your browser version. As noted in that guide, you should always use the most up-to-date version. If your browser tells you it's updated and you're using a major browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge), you're good to go.

Best of luck with your studies! Let us know if you have further questions or issues.

View solution in original post