Folder Structure in My Media

Jump to solution
JB19457
Community Member

I am an instructor of many Canvas courses. After many semesters of using Canvas, I have many, many videos in My Media. I would like to arrange them into a folder structure. (Unfortunately, the "tags" in My Media do not solve this problem, because I cannot create sub-categories within a master category, and there is no way to see all existing tags to search.) How can I create a folder structure in My Media?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @JB19457,

I can confirm as both a Canvas and Kaltura admin that the "My Media" area is definitely from the Kaltura integration.

Having some sort of folder structure is something a lot of "Kalturians" have been requesting for quite a while.  Unfortunately, Kaltura's position has generally been that they offer tagging and you can search by the tags, so folders (even virtual ones generated by the tags) are not something they are prioritizing.  As people have more and more media, I think this will become more problematic, and hopefully cause Kaltura to change their mind.  This request would definitely be something to have your institution Kaltura admin file with them on your behalf to they see growing interest.

-Chris

View solution in original post